Macro bowl is one of my favorite lunch and dinner foods. It looks pretty (meditation for the eyes), tastes great (meditation for the tongue) and is super nutritious (read: happiness for your whole body). I like that you can be as creative as you wish when it comes to making your macro bowl. All you need is a grain base and a bunch of veggies.
Note to my non-vegetarian, non-vegan followers: you can always add any animal protein of your choice to this (i.e. organic chicken or wild caught fish).
- pinch of salt
VEGGIE TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- oven roasted sweet potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- spinach (can be frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup Norther beans (feel free to use any other kind of beans)
- olive oil or grape seed oil
1. Cook quinoa on for about 20 min, until soft.
2. Peel and cut sweet potatoes and onion. Mix both ingredients together, add olive oil or grape seed oil and transfer onto a large baking tray. Bake at 390F for about 1 hour (until sweet potatoes are soft).
3. Peel and slice another onion. Transfer into a frying pan and add olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is caramelized. Add spinach, a pinch of salt and cook for another 10 min. Finally, add Norther beans, mix everything and cook for another 3 min.
4. Tahini dressing: mix 2 tbs tahini, 2tsp lemon juice and 2tbs olive oil + salt.
Bon Appétit and happy cooking!!
This looks yummy!