- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 slice stale bread (1/4 cup breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
1. Start off by roasting the bell peppers. Remove the seeds and slice the peppers into large chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven at 370F for about 20-30 min, until soft.
2. While the bell peppers are roasting, put almonds in the food processor and pulse until they turn into fine flour-like powder. Then add the bread and pulse again.
3. Add garlic, salt and olive oil. Pulse a few times.
4. Allow the bell peppers to cool for 5-10 min before putting them in the food processor.
5. Add the bell pepper chunks and blend everything until a thick creamy texture starts forming. If your mixture feels too dry, add a splash of filtered water, just make sure you don’t add too much of it.
Serve it as an appetizer with some toasted bread, as a dip for veggies or chips. You can also add it as a side to your budha bowl, spread it on a sandwich or stir it into your next hot bowl of pasta pasta!