This is a super simple, tasty and filling meal. The best part about it - you can get most of the ingredients ahead of time, throw them in the freezer and make this on a cold weekend afternoon when the last thing you want to do is go to the grocery store.
Servings 4; Cook time: 25 min; Prep time: 10 min
- Brown rice (1 cup; put to cook before you start preparing the veggies)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1-2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup chopped green beans (can be frozen)
- 1 tin organic northern beans (can substitute with any other beans or chickpeas)
- 1tbs pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
1. heat up the frying pan, add olive oil
2. add chopped onion. Saute until translucent.
3. add all the frozen ingredients - green peas, green beans and spinach. Cook until soft (~5-10 min)
4. add salt, pepper and pesto. Mix everything and let cook for another 2 min
5. Sever on top of brown rice and sliced avocado