Another successful vegan dessert experiment!
For The Brownies
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 500g)
12 large medjool dates
2/3 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup buckwheat
4 tbs raw cacao
3 tbs pure maple syrup or honey
a pinch of salt
1tbs coconut oil
1 tbs honey or maple syrup
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
1. Preheat the oven to 370F
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into chunks. Put them to steam or boil until soft and almost beginning to fall apart.
3. Add the pitted dates and honey/maple syrup in a food processor. Blend well. Then add in the sweet potatoes and combine the mixture.
4. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl, stir well before mixing in the date & sweet potato mixture. Stir well.
5. Place the mixture into a baking dish that's lined with parchment paper. Cook for about 20-25 min.
6. When ready, remove the tray and allow it to cool completely.
7. For the icing: melt the coconut oil and mix in the coco powder and honey or maple syrup. Then put it in the fridge for a few minutes to have a thicker consistency.
8. Spread the icing on top.