- 1 medium broccoli (you can get creative with what type of veggies you add; cabbage, sweet potato, green beans, snow peas, bok choy – all work great!)
- 2 tins full fat coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 2tbs Thai spicy curry paste (to taste, some or more spicy than others)
- 1tbs finely chopped ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1tbs coconut oil (or any other oil that you use for cooking)
- Rice noodles
- Lemon grass and kaffir leaves – not necessary but a nice addition for deeper flavor
- cilantro and lemon for serving
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan or pot. I prefer cooking in a pot and just adding in the rest of the ingredients. Add onion and cook on medium heat until golden brown.
2. Add finely chopped garlic and ginger; cook for about 3 min.
3. Next add the curry paste and stir well. Once the curry paste starts dissolving in the oil, add coconut milk and water. Bring to boil.
4. Add carrots, broccoli and any other veggies. Cook for 3-5 min or longer if needed. Make sure you don't overcook the veggies!
5. There are two ways for preparing the noodles. One is adding the noodles into the broth and cooking for 4-5 minutes, then serve. Or, if you are preparing the soup for a few meals and won’t be finishing the entire pot in one go, I would suggest cooking the noodles separately in water and then adding the desired amount directly into your bowl before serving the broth.
6. Serve with a splash of lemon juice and cilantro